Thursday, October 3, 2013

Prayer

What better place to study for a midterm than on a blog? 

From the book - The Essence of the New Testament:  A Survey By Elmer L. Towns & Ben Gutierrez

Luke is the most prayerful Gospel:  He (Luke) shows Jesus in prayer more than any of the other Gospels.
  • Jesus prayed at His baptism
  • all night before selecting the 12 apostles
  • over the fish and loves before feeding 5000
  • before announcing His coming death to the disciples
  • at His transfigureation
  • when the 70 returned from their mission
  • just before the disciples asked him to teach them how to pray
  • in Gethsemane before his arrest
  • and twice on the cross he prayed
How much do I want to be like Jesus?

 Not only did Jesus give us his example in prayer He also exhorts His followers to pray:
  • for their enemies
  • for workers to be sent into God's harvest field
  • for needed things
  • always
  • to avoid tempation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts and Questions on Prayer

Here's something I've been thinking about for a couple of months now. I guess I will go ahead and get it off of my chest.  I...