Sunday, January 1, 2017

Into the future

Sometimes looking back gives me courage to go forward. 

I ask the questions: 
How did I get here?
Why did I have the privilege of traveling and so many different life experiences?  
Where am I going from here?

I remember desperate prayers before stepping into a classroom full of eager students because I was sure I couldn't do it.  Not tonight I just didn't have the energy. 
But I'd leave 2 hours later feeling completely energized!!! 

I can think of numerous times when I've done things that I couldn't do. 
This my friends, is why looking back gives me courage to go forward.  

Looking into the future I get scared!

I'm learning:
Fear is a prison. 
Fear keeps me from living my best.  
Fear keeps me in hiding.
Fear keeps me from helping others.
Fear keeps me silent.
  
Fear is not God's best for anyone.  

Some questions I've been pondering:
What if I really believed that the Jesus of the Bible is really who He says He is?  
How would it change my life if I really took Jesus at His word?

Where did my specific life experiences come from?  
How did I get here?

Take a look at Jesus.  
I'm pretty sure He was heavily involved in the travel.
He was responsible for the miracles.
He has changed me.
He has helped me.
He has led me in the past.

If I really believe that Jesus is who He says he is, why do I fear the future?  

Here's to a future filled with Hope, with Joy, with Love! 
A future filled with Jesus!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Thoughts and Questions on Prayer

Here's something I've been thinking about for a couple of months now. I guess I will go ahead and get it off of my chest.  I...